Practical workshop for therapists working with adults with acquired communication impairments. These workshops look at ways to maximise the use of low tech communication tools, AAC intervention programmes and what high tech tools are available for adults acquired communication impairments.
This course covers: ·
- AAC for adults with speech impairments (MND, dysarthria, apraxia, Gillian-Barre, MS, Parkinson’s, etc) including voice banking
- AAC for adults with language impairments (aphasia, TBI, PPA, brain tumor, dementia, Huntington’s disease, etc)
- AAC in the acute setting
- Alternative access methods
- Tips for communication success
- How can TalkLink support with complex clients?
Lots of practical tools,
resources, tips and tricks will be shared.
Cost: $150.00 per person (including GST)
Morning tea provided, please bring your own lunch.
Group discounts and courses tailored for specific groups are available please email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your requirements.
Venue to be confirmed