Practical workshops for education and health professionals, families, whanau, support workers and other interested people. These workshops looks at ways to maximise the use of low tech communication tools to support people’s expressive and receptive communication skills.
- Creating Communication Opportunities throughout the School Day; designed for school teams.
- Creating Communication Opportunities throughout the Day; designed with an adult focus.
The courses cover:
- Developing a communication toolkit
- Core vocabulary: what it is and how to help people learn to use it
- Modelling: Learn how vital it is to model the use of the system and practice how to do this in a variety of contexts
- Planning communication opportunities
Lots of practical tools, resources, tips and tricks will be shared.
Cost: $75.00 per person, parents and whanau are free.
While the focus is low tech, the strategies covered can also be used with high tech speech generating devices.
Group discounts and courses tailored for specific groups are available please email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your requirements.
Check back later for upcoming courses