Speech Language Therapist - Auckland
A great opportunity for a Speech-Language Therapist who enjoys technology and wants to join a specialist team!
The TalkLink Trust Northern office is currently looking to recruit an experienced Speech-Language Therapist who has, or who wants to gain, advanced skills in the area of assistive technology.
The TalkLink Trust provides specialist services in Assistive Technology/Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC) throughout New Zealand by working alongside people of all ages who experience difficulty with spoken and/or written communication. The Northern office in Sandringham is one of three regional centres, and services the Upper North Island region.
This is currently a fixed term one year position although opportunities to extend this will likely be possible.
If you are interested in technology and are looking for a rewarding role within a supportive team, then this position could be for you.
Skills required to be successful in this role:
· A commitment to excellence in all clinical practice.
· Ability to work autonomously, following orientation and training.
· Ability to work cooperatively as part of an inter-disciplinary assessment team.
· Able to work comfortably in a variety of settings: client’s homes, residential settings, hospitals and education facilities.
· A commitment to Te Tiriti O Waitangi
· Sensitivity to cultural and disability issues.
· An interest in and commitment to maintaining knowledge of current assistive technology and its appropriate application.
· Appropriate credentialing in Communication Assistive Technology, or willingness to gain accreditation in this area.
· Experience in assessment and report writing; an appropriate level of written English is required.
· Experience in efficient caseload and workload management, and administrative practice.
· Ability to teach clients and others in the use of assistive communication technology.
· Ability to ‘commit to’ tasks and processes until completion is reached.
· Ability to problem solve under pressure.
A degree in Speech-Language Therapy, or equivalent qualification is required, together with at least 2 years experience working as a Speech-Language Therapist. Ministry of Health Communication Assistive Technology Level 1 or 2 assessor credentialing, or experience in the area of assistive technology is preferred but not essential. To succeed in this role, you will need to be organised and comfortable working with computer-based technology. On the job training and support will be provided.
Applicants must have a full driver’s license due to regular travel needs in the role. Pool cars are available but occasional use of your own vehicle is required for local trips at times. Flexibility to manage out of town travel and the occasional overnight stay will also be necessary once you become familiar with the role. Allowances are provided.
The TalkLink Trust is committed to honouring the articles of Te Tiriti O Waitangi and experience in working with people from different cultures is desirable.
If you have the necessary skills and feel you have what it takes to step into and grow in this role, please apply. Applications are requested via SEEK and should include a letter of application, current copy of your curriculum vitae and the names of at least two referees. Applicants must currently be eligible for work in New Zealand.
Applications close 8th May 2023 unless role filled prior.
For further information about the position please contact:
Operations Manager - Northern