Occupational Therapist - Wellington
THIS IS AN OPPORTUNITY FOR AN ORGANISED AND MOTIVATED OCCUPATIONAL THERAPIST WHO IS PROFICIENT WITH TECHNOLOGY, FUNCTIONAL ASSESSMENT AND APPLICATION PROCESSES TO JOIN A SPECIALIST TEAM.
Are you a motivated Occupational Therapist who enjoys technology and wants to join a specialist team?
The TalkLink Trust is currently seeking expressions of interest from experienced occupational therapists who have, or who wish to gain, skills in the area of assistive technology.
We currently have a vacancy for a full-time permanent position available within our Central team (based out of our Wellington office).
The TalkLink Trust provides specialist services in Assistive Technology and Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC) throughout New Zealand. TalkLink works with both adults and children who experience difficulty with spoken and/or written communication. The Central office is one of three regional centres and services clients across the Lower North Island.
Specific skills required for this role:
- A degree in occupational therapy, or equivalent qualification and current registration by NZROT is required
- A commitment to excellence in all clinical practice.
- Ability to work autonomously, following orientation and training.
- Ability to work co-operatively as part of an inter-disciplinary assessment team.
- Ability to work comfortably in a variety of settings, including client’s homes, residential settings, hospitals and education facilities.
- A commitment to Te Tiriti O Waitangi.
- A commitment to the vision and principles of Enabling Good Lives, the NZ Disability Strategy and the UNCRPD
- An interest in and commitment to maintaining knowledge of current assistive technology and its appropriate application.
- Appropriate credentialing in Communication Assistive Technology, or willingness to gain accreditation in this area.
- Experience in assessment and report writing; an proficient level of written English is required.
- Experience in efficient caseload, workload management and administrative practice.
- Ability to teach clients and others in the use of assistive communication technology.
- Ability to ‘commit to’ tasks and processes until completion is reached.
- Ability to problem solve under pressure.
- Preference will be given to applicants who have at least two years experience working as an occupational therapist.
If you are good with technology and are seeking a rewarding role within a fun and supportive team, then this position could be for you. The work offers plenty of variety with family-friendly flexible working hours.
Regular travel within the Lower North Island region is necessary so applicants must have a full driver's license and will need to be available for overnight stays.
What we can offer you:
- Competitive salary in line with Te Whatu Ora and MOE pay scales
- Laptop and mobile phone
- Robust on-boarding process with training, supervision and support to gain CAT level 1 & 2 accreditation
- Flexible working hours
- Hybrid working options
- Allowances for overnight travel
Applicants must have permanent work rights for New Zealand and preferably be currently living in New Zealand due to timeframes for starting the role.
Expressions of interest are now requested. Please only apply via SEEK and include a letter of application, current copy of your curriculum vitae and the names of at least two referees.
Applications close Friday 3rd February 2023 unless role filled prior.
Check us out at: www.talklink.org.nz
For further information about the position including a copy of the position description, please contact:
Please do not send applications to this address – apply via SEEK.